If you want to back up the content of a Facebook page, or want to show someone the current settings of the Facebook page in an organized manner, you can do both of these by downloading a copy of a Facebook page.
In this short tutorial, we are going to show you how you can download a Facebook page and its content.
How to download a copy of a Facebook page?
So if you want to download a copy of your Facebook page and its content and settings here is how to do it:
- Open up the Facebook page that you want to download
- On the left column, click on ‘Settings’
- Scroll down to the bottom, here you can see the ‘Download Page’ section, click on it.
- Click on ‘Download page’
- You will be taken to a FB page where you can select and deselect what Facebook page information and content you want to download (see the list of this in the next paragraph)
- You can also select the time period you want to download the content, posts, etc. of the Facebook page
- You can also choose whether you want to download these in a HTML or in a JSON format.
- You can also choose the quality of the media files you wish to download.
- Once you set up everything, you can click on ‘Create File’, so Facebook can start creating the HTML or the JSON file from your Facebook page.
Based on the site of downloadable copy this can take anywhere from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours.
Once Facebook creates the downloadable copy, they will send you a Facebook notification. If you click on it, it will take you to a page where you can download the Facebook page file they have created.
The file will be available for download for a couple of days.
What can you download from a Facebook page?
Facebook allows you to download basically anything from a Facebook page. Here is the list of things related to the Facebook page you can download:
- you can download Facebook page posts
- Facebook pages that you have liked or recommended, Pages you have followed or unfollowed
- Facebook polls you have created
- You are able to download Facebook page events you have created for the FB page
- Facebook page comments you have posted or you have liked or reacted to
- Facebook stories you have shared on this Facebook page
- Information about your Facebook shop products
- Facebook Fundraisers you have started, joined or donated to
- Facebook groups you have joined and the posts and comments in this Facebook group.
- Some general information about the Facebook page (FB page name, Facebook page categories you added, contact info, location info, Page admins, etc.)
- you can also download current Page settings you have
You can also check out this video tutorial on how to download the data from a Facebook page:
Can’t download a Facebook page
If you are not able to go through the steps we have described above, you most likely don’t have the necessary Facebook page admin access to be able to download a copy of the Facebook page and its content.