Once you created your Facebook Business Manager, you also should create a Facebook ad account so you can start advertising on Facebook.
In this quick guide, we are going to show you how to create Facebook ad accounts and cover everything related to FB Ad Accounts such as:
- What is a Facebook ad account?
- How to create a Facebook Ad account?
- How to set up a Facebook Ad account?
- How to add an existing Facebook Ad account to your Facebook BM?
- How to request access to a Facebook
At the end of this guide, we are also going to answer some of the most frequently asked questions related Facebook ad account creation.
What is a Facebook ad account?
Facebook ad account is an asset on Facebook through which you can manage your Facebook ads, create new audiences for your advertising campaigns, access other features of FB Ads manager and most importantly pay for your Facebook ads.
Under one Facebook Business Manager, you can have multiple Facebook ad accounts and it is recommended to have at least two, as Facebook can nowadays just randomly disable your Facebook ad accounts.
Once you created a Facebook your Facebook Business Manager account you can start to make your Facebook ad account.
How to create a Facebook ad account?
Here is how to create a Facebook ad account:
- Open the Facebook Business Manager account
- Navigate there by clicking on Business Settings, then ‘Accounts’ ‘Ad Accounts’.
- You will either see your list of existing Facebook Ad accounts or nothing if you haven’t created any ad accounts yet. If you have existing ad accounts then click on ‘Add’ above the list of your ad accounts then click on ‘Create a New Ad Account’.
- If you haven’t created any FB ad accounts yet, the button will look the same, the only difference will be that the button can be found on the center of this page.
- First, you have to add a name to the Ad account and then set the time zone and the currency of the Ad account
- Then in the next window, you have to decide if the Facebook ad account is created for you or for another business or client.
- Finally, add the business information related to the Ad account.
Your Facebook Ad Account has not been created. However, creating a Facebook ad account is not enough to start advertising on Facebook. You also have to set up your payment methods to be able to start running ads on Facebook.
You can reach this payment settings page by clicking on this link: https://business.facebook.com/ads/manager/account_settings/account_billing
If you prefer a step by step video tutorial on creating a Facebook Ad Account, check out this video:
Facebook Ad Account already created
If you have already created an account and want to add the Facebook ad account to your Business Manager or you want to get access to an Ad Account that is owned by another business, check out these tutorials:
- How to add Ad Accounts to your Business Manager?
- How to request access to Facebook Ad Accounts in Business Manager?
“I can’t create Facebook ad account” – Facebook Ad account creation troubleshooting
There are multiple reasons why Facebook might not allow you to create Facebook ad accounts. The most likely reasons are:
- “You’ve reached your ad account maximum.”
- “Not authorized to create ad accounts.”
- “Account Disabled.”
If you have the first issue, then you have to keep in mind that most advertisers can only create 1 Facebook ad account before they would make the first payment with their first FB ad account. You can easily see the number of Facebook ad account you can create by doing the following:
- In your Facebook Business Manager go to ‘Business Settings’
- Click on ‘Business Info’
- You will see the Ad Account creation limit somewhere around the middle of the page:
If your issue is not a FB ad account creation limit issue then you don’t really have any other option then to contact Facebook support to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions – Creating a Facebook Ad Account
How many Facebook Ad Accounts can you create?
It will depend on many factors, the ad account create creation limit can range from 1 to 25. You can easily check your current FB ad account creation limit by going to Business Settings, the Business Info in your Facebook Business Manager
Can you create a Facebook Ad Account without a Facebook Business Manager?
Yes, you can, you don’t need a Facebook Business Manager to be able to advertise on Facebook. However, you need a Facebook Business Page to create a Facebook ad account, as the advertisements will be run from that Facebook page. You can’t run advertisement from your personal profile.