In this short Facebook group tutorial, we are going to show you the step-by-step method of how to link a Facebook page to a Facebook group.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to link a page to a group on Facebook, check out this video tutorial:
How to link a Facebook page to a Facebook group?
There are two ways to link a page and a group on Facebook. You can link them both starting from your Facebook page and also starting from the Facebook group as well.
How to link a group to a page on Facebook?
So here is how to link a group to a page on Facebook:
- First, you have to enable the Facebook group tab on your Facebook page. So open up the Facebook page.
- On the left column, click on ‘Settings’
- Then again on the left, click on ‘Templates and Tabs’.
- Scroll down here and enable the Facebook Groups tab. You can also pull it up in the Facebook tabs lists so it will appear directly on the FB page. (this latter one is an optional step.)
- Go back to the homepage of the Facebook page and click on the Groups Facebook page tab you have just added.
- If you have already connected a FB group to this FB page, you will see the list of the Facebook groups. If you haven’t added any Facebook group to this page yet, then you will see something like this:
- Click on the ‘Link Group’ button.
- Now you can select the groups you want to connect the Facebook page with. You will only see Facebook groups you have admin access to.
- Click on the ‘Link button to connect the FB group to the page.
So that’s it, you have successfully connected the Facebook page to the group.
Link a Facebook group to a Facebook page from the group
If the process we have shown above didn’t work, you have an even simpler option, you can link a Facebook group to a page from the group admin area as well. Here is how you can do this:
- Open the Facebook group you want to connect to a Facebook page
- On the left column under Admin tools, click on ‘Settings’
- Scroll down on this Settings page, and under Manage Advanced Settings click on ‘Linked pages’
- You will see the list of Facebook pages you manage.
- Click on the ‘Link’ button where you want to connect the Facebook page.
Can’t link a page to a group on Facebook
If you went through the process we have outlined above and you couldn’t link the Facebok page to your Facebook group here is the most frequent reason you might not be able to connect them:
You have to be both an admin of the Facebook page and the Facebook group to be able to connect the two together. So either ask for an administrator role for both properties or ask the admin to link the Facebook page and the group. Here is a tutorial on this:
How to unlink a Facebook group from a Facebook page?
If you change your mind and want to unlink a Facebook group from a Facebook page, just follow a similar process we have outlined above.
Here is how to unlink a Facebook group from a page on Facebook:
- Open up the Facebook page which you want to unlink
- Go to your Facebook group tab on the page.
- Here you will see all the Facebook groups this Facebook page is connected to
- Just click on the Unlink button on the Facebook group that you want to disconnect from this FB page
- Confirm that you want to unlink the group from the FB page.
That is it, now this Facebook group is unlinked from the Facebook page.