One of the best ways to grow a Facebook group is by sharing it with relevant people who might be interested in joining the Facebook group.
In this Facebook group tutorial, we are going to show you all those ways how you can share a Facebook group link so you can encourage people to join the Facebook group.
Without further ado, let’s dive in.
Sharing private vs public Facebook group link
Before we would show you the actual ways to share a Facebook group link, there is one important thing we have to clarify.
Open, public Facebook groups are way easier to share on Facebook and off-Facebook as well. As they are public groups, people are also more likely to join as they can clearly see the quality of the posts before joining the Facebook group.
However, private Facebook groups can still be shared but they are not as supported and as non-members can’t see the quality of the posts and the discussions, they might be likely to join the group.
How to share a public Facebook group link?
As we have mentioned, public Facebook groups are easier to share, as there is a dedicated feature just for sharing public Facebook groups.
Here is how to share a public Facebook group:
- Open the Facebook group
- Under the cover photo, click on the three dots.
- Click on the ‘Share’ button.
- Select the sharing option you need.
As you can see, there are a lot of ways to share a public Facebook group. You can share the Facebook group link:
- to the Facebook News Feed
- Send the Facebook group link to a Messenger chat
- share the Facebook group link in a Whatsapp message
- you can share the Facebook group in another group
- share the Facebook group to a page
- share the Facebook group link on a friend’s profile
- send the Facebook group link in Twitter
- or you can also simply copy the link of the Facebook group.
How to share a public Facebook group post?
If you want to share a Facebook group post of an open group, it is really easy:
- Just open the Facebook group
- Go the Facebook post that you want to share.
- Click on the ‘Share’ button.
If you can’t see the ‘Share’ button, it means that this isn’t an open, public Facebook group.
If you want a tutorial on how to share a Facebook group link on mobile, check out this video tutorial:
How to share a private Facebook group?
When you want to share a private, closed Facebook group, you can’t use the group functionality we have shown above. You have to use the manual method.
So you can either copy the URL of the Facebook group and share that link where you want to share the Facebook group.
Or you can invite friends directly to the Facebook group as well.
How to share a private Facebook group post?
Private Facebook group posts can’t be shared outside of the Facebook group. So your only option to share a private Facebook group post is either:
- make a screenshot of the post and share the image where you wish to do so
- copy the entire Facebook group post text and share it anywhere else
- you can use a social media scheduler to share the Facebook post to a group and page as well, if you are the admin of the group
We have written about this issue in more depth here:
How to make sharing public posts more effective?
One of the ways to make sharing Facebook groups easier is by creating a descriptive, but short and sweet custom URL for your Facebook group.
Customized and descriptive URLs are easier to share and people are more likely to click on them as the URL snippet makes sense and can pique their curiosity.
If you don’t know how to do that, check out our tutorial on that: