TikTok works great for promoting the products of your ecommerce stores.
In this TikTok marketing tutorial, we are going to show you how to add product links to TikTok videos.
How To Add Product links to TikTok Videos?
The importance of adding product links to your TikTok videos is to make it shoppable. Those interacting with your post can click on products link, complete checkout, and purchase products.
Here is how to add product links to TikTok videos:
- Open your TikTok application
- Have TikTok Shopping set up if you haven’t already
- Create a TikTok video or post
- Customize the post
- On the “Post” page, select and click “Add Link”
- Select the product you want to promote and click “Add”
- Enter the product name of your choice and click the “Add” button
- This step can be repeated, meaning you can add as much product as you want to the post
- Review your video, make sure everything is in place, then publish it
- Click on the call-to-action “Post” button
- After the video has been published, the added product links will need to be reviewed by TikTok
- It will only be added to your video if it gets approved
Tips for TikTok videos where product link placement should work
The added product link on your video will not be interacted with, or properly if your target market didn’t get to see your posted video.
This means that you need to first identify the audience or demographic you want to reach, and which video will reach them. I will be identifying and highlighting some tips for types of TikTok videos where your attached product link will most likely work:
- Trending Sounds: Follow the trend and make your videos on trending TikTok sounds or music. Finding this is easy. Click on the “Add sounds” button, and you will see the list of popular sounds you can create with.
- Trending Hashtags: Make your videos based on the popular videos and include their hashtags in your video description. This help you to reach a much wider audience.
- TikTok Challenges: Challenge videos is one of the best ways to reach a particular demographic. Your video being part of a challenge means it has the tendency of reaching a target TikTok market.
- Lip Synchronizing Videos: Be creative with popular lip-syncing videos as they also have a wider reach.
- Funny videos: Who doesn’t love funny videos? This type of videos has re-watching value, meaning it will be seen on multiple times. This gives more opportunity for your product link to be seen and engaged with.
Can’t add product links to the TikTok video
It might be a little daunting following these steps to add your product link without a visual depiction of it.
The good news is that you can follow this link to the TikTok Business help center and watch the video on how to add product links to videos: https://ads.tiktok.com/help/article?aid=10005137.
I have been able to identify possible reasons why you might be unable to add links to your product on TikTok videos and tips on how to troubleshoot these issues:
- Having a TikTok Business account: It is important to note that having a personal TikTok is different from a TikTok for Business.
This allows you to be able to add marketing campaign ads and product links to your TikTok videos. This means setting up your TikTok shopping and its approval by TikTok. In the absence of setting this up or non-approval by TikTok means you cannot begin this process. To set up your TikTok shopping:
- Open TikTok Shop app
- Click on the “Become a Seller” icon and sign up
- Enter relevant information about yourself and business
- Click on “Continue” and complete the process.
- Non-compliance of products with TikTok Advertising Policies: In the event of your products being rejected by TikTok, you will be able to find them in “Rejected Products”. Confirm why it was rejected by reading TikTok’s ad requirement, and make necessary changes.
- Large product pictures: Your product pictures shouldn’t be larger than 500×500 pixel dimensions. If this happens, the picture gets filtered out and not approved.