There are two ways to get the blue checkmark on Facebook. You can either get a blue checkmark to your personal Facebook profile or to your Facebook page.
In this Facebook page tutorial, we are going to explain what benefits the blue checkmark next to your Facebook page or profile name has and how to get it.
Without further ado, let’s dive in.
What is the blue checkmark on Facebook?
The blue checkmark on Facebook pages and profiles show that the Page or profile is the authentic presence of the public figure or global brand it represents.
You can get a blue checkmark on your profile or page if you go through the verification process Facebook requires. Then Facebook verification review team decides if you are worthy of the blue checkmark on your Facebook profile or on your Facebook page.
What do you need to get a blue checkmark on Facebook?
Not everyone can get the blue checkmark on Facebook. Facebook has four main requirements that you should meet if you want to get the checkmark:
To read more about what this means, check out this article:
How to get the blue checkmark on Facebook?
The process of getting a blue checkmark on your profile or your Facebook page is pretty much the same.
Here is how to get the blue checkmark on Facebook:
- Open the link to this Facebook form: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/295038365360854
- Select that you want to verify a Facebook page or a Facebook profile
- Select the Facebook page you want to get verified or add the URL of your Facebook profile
- Next, you need to upload an official document that shows that you represent that business.
- For Facebook pages, you can upload a Tax filing, a utility bill or articles of incorporation
- Select the category of your Facebook page or your public profile
- Add the country or region where you are most popular
- Audience (optional). Add who are the people who follow your FB page or your Facebook profile
- Also known as (optional). You can also list other names your business or you are known as well.
- Last but not least, add 5 articles that show that your Facebook page your you as the Facebook profile is in the public interest.
- Click on ‘Send’ button.
As you submitted this verification form, the Facebook review team will have a look at it, and you will get notified if you get the blue checkmark or not.
Blue checkmark on Messenger
The blue checkmark on Facebook looks pretty much the same as the blue checkmark on Messenger. The two checkmarks have nothing to do with each other.
The Messenger blue checkmark means that your message was sent and delivered.
Do the same for your Insta account
If you are famous, it is also worth getting the verified badge on Instagram and on any other platform. You can read more here about getting the blue checkmark on Instagram: