When you want to create a new Facebook ad in a campaign, the easiest way to do this is to add an existing Facebook Ad Post to the campaign. For this, you need to get the Facebook post ID of that Facebook ad.
In this Facebook ads tutorial, we are going to show you how to find the Facebook Post ID and how you can use the Facebook Post ID to create a Facebook ad fast and easy.
You can also check out this video tutorial on how to find the Facebook ad Post ID:
What is the Facebook Post ID?
The Facebook Post ID is a unique identifier that allows you to easily identify a specific post or ad from your Facebook page.
Not only regular Facebook posts but Facebook ad posts also get this post ID that can help you to reuse a Facebook ad in another Facebook Ad campaign.
How to find the Facebook Post ID?
To find the Facebook page post ID:
- Open Facebook Ads Manager.
- Click on the hamburger menu, scroll down and select ‘Page Posts’.
- Here you will see all regular Facebook posts and Facebook ad posts too.
- Click on ‘Ad posts’ on the left.
- Here you will see the post IDs in one of the columns.
The second way to look up the Facebook ad post ID
Here is a second way to look up the Facebook ad post ID in Facebook Ads Manager, if you know where a specific Ad Post is located:
- Open Facebook Ads Manager
- Find the Facebook Ad Post in the ad list you want to know the ID of.
- Click on ‘Edit’.
- Under the preview section, click on ‘Share’ then ‘Facebook post with comments’
- Here you will see the preview of the ad.
- And more importantly, if you go to the address bar, the second number in the URL will be the Facebook ad post ID.
This is an older video that show you how to find the Facebook post ID:
Important: Facebook Ad ID vs Facebook Post ID
It is important to note that you shouldn’t confuse the Facebook Post ID with the Facebook Ad ID.
A Facebook As has an Ad ID and a Post ID at the same time and they are always different. If you want to know the Ad ID of a Facebook Ad, check out our tutorial on it:
How to use a Facebook post ID?
As we said, one of the best uses of the Facebook ad post ID is to add Facebook ad posts to new campaigns that have been already run on other Facebook ad campaigns.
You can do this when you want to add a previous Facebook ad creative to the ad:
This can be really useful for two main reasons:
- you can save a ton of time that you don’t recreate an ad with URL parameters and the ad copy from scratch
- you can start a new campaign but have all the engagement already built up on the posts that can help you get a lower Facebook Ads CPM.
Other Facebook IDs you should know about
Besides the Facebook Ad ID and Post ID there are some other important Facebook IDs, you should know about:
- Facebook Ad Account ID
- Facebook Business ID
- Facebook Page ID
- Facebook User ID
- Facebook Group ID
- Facebook Ad ID, Ad Set ID and Campaign ID
If a Facebook ID from the list is not familiar to you, you can check out the tutorial on it, by clicking on the article links.