Do you want to know how to find the Facebook Ad Account ID? Whatever your reason, in the Facebook ads tutorial, we are going to show you three methods how to find the Facebook Ad Account ID:
- look up the the Facebook Ad Account ID in the Business Settings section of Facebook Business Manager
- find the Facebook Ad Account ID with the account drop-down menu in Ads Manager
- get your Ad Account ID by checking it in the browser’s address bar in Ads Manager
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on finding the Facebook Ad Account ID number, check out the video at the end of this guide.
All three methods of finding your Facebook Ad Account ID are actually pretty easy, so is it your personal choice which method you choose.
How to find the Facebook Ad Account ID?
Here is how to find the Facebook Ad Account ID:
- Open the Facebook Business Manager Account
- From the menu, click on ‘Business Settings’
- On the left side, click on ‘Accounts’, then ‘Ad account’
- Select the Facebook Ad Account you want to know the ID of
- You can see on the picture below which is the Facebook Ad Account ID
Second method to look up the Facebook Ad Account ID Number
If you don’t have access to the Facebook Business Manager account, only the Facebook Ads Manager, then you can:
- Open up the Facebook Ads Manager
- In the upper left corner next to the sidebar, you can see the name and the ID of the Facebook Ad Account you are currently in.
- As this might be not the Ad Account you need the ID of, you can click on this FB Ad Account and by scrolling down you can find Ad Account and the ID you need.
- If you have access to a lot of Facebook Ad accounts, you can also search for the Facebook Ad Account if you happen to know its name.
You can also check out this video on how to find the Facebook Ad Account ID:
The third method to search for the Facebook Ad Account ID
The third option you have is also easy, you only have to make sure that you are in the right Facebook Ad Account.:
- Go to Ads Manager by clicking on this link: https://www.facebook.com/adsmanager/manage/
- You will be taken to one of your Facebook Ad Accounts. Check if it is the one you need.
- If you are not in the right Ad Account, you can change it by clicking on the ad account and selecting on another one using the Ad Account drop-down, shown in the previous method
- Once you are in the right Facebook Ad Account, you can easily see your Ad Account ID from the browser address bar. We highlighted it with bold text in the URL below:
After showing you the two methods of how you can find your Facebook Ad Account ID, we just want to kill any kind of confusion regarding Facebook Ad Account ID, so first let’s define Facebook Ad Account ID and differentiate it from Facebook Business ID and Facebook Page ID.
What is the Facebook Ad Account ID?
The Facebook Ad Account ID is a unique identifier of a Facebook Ad Account.
The Facebook Ad Account is the Facebook Business asset that enables you to run Facebook ad campaigns, create Custom Audiences, use Facebook Analytics, get more complex reporting on your FB advertising performance and many many more.
Facebook Ad Account ID vs FB Page and Business Manager ID
You have to have a Facebook Business page from where you can run FB advertising campaigns. And not necessarily, but it is recommended to also have a Facebook Business Manager where you can host multiple Facebook Pages and Facebook Ad Accounts.
So it is also important to add that you can have many Facebook Ad Accounts at once, you can create up to 25 Facebook Ad Accounts and you can have access to basically a limitless number of Ad Accounts. So even if you find your Facebook Ad Account ID, make sure it is the right Ad Account you wanted to find the ID of.
Both your Facebook Business page and your Facebook Business Manager have unique IDs that are different from Facebook Ad Account IDs.
If you realized you actually need to find your Facebook page or your Business Manager ID or any other Facebook ID, don’t worry we also have a quick tutorial on how you can find those:
- how to find Facebook Business ID
- how to find Facebook page ID
- How to find Facebook group ID
- How to find Facebook User ID?
- How to find Facebook Post ID?
- How To find the Facebook Ad ID?
If something is still not clear to you, or you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask us in the comment section below.