When you have deleted your account on LinkedIn it is possible that you have changed your mind and now want to reactivate the deleted LinkedIn account. Whenever an account is deleted on LinkedIn, it will not get deleted permanently for 14 days.
In this Linkedin profile tutorial, we are going to show you how to recover a deleted LinkedIn account.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to reactivate a deleted LinkedIn account, check out this tutorial:
Can you recover a deleted LinkedIn Account?
You can recover a deleted LinkedIn account if you deleted the LinkedIn profile less than 14 days ago.
The reopened LinkedIn account should work the same way as the earlier LinkedIn account, and it can be used normally by the user.
A deleted LinkedIn account can also be reactivated when the user tries to log in directly to his or her LinkedIn account. The LinkedIn account can be reopened by clicking on the link that has been sent to the user when the LinkedIn account was closed.
How to Reactivate a Deleted LinkedIn Account?
Here is how to reactivate a deleted LinkedIn account:
- Open LinkedIn.com and go to the login page.
- Enter your email address on the LinkedIn account and add your password.
- Click on sign in.
- Alternatively, you can open the original account closure email and click on the link for reactivating the LinkedIn account.
- You will be redirected to the login page if the link does not work anymore.
- You will see the button “Reactivate” once you log in. You will have to click on the ‘Reactivate’ button and the LinkedIn account reactivation process will be initiated.
LinkedIn will then send you an email to your email address. You will have to confirm that you want to reactivate your LinkedIn account.
If more than 14 days have passed, you can take one more route for recovering your LinkedIn account that is now deleted.
However, this methodology can only be used for up to 5 months since the account has been closed. You can contact the Help center and the LinkedIn administration for reopening your account.
- The LinkedIn Help Center can be accessed by clicking on this link: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin
- You can make the contact by filling up the “contact us” form available on the website.
- Ensure that you use the same name and the email address that you had on your closed and deleted account on LinkedIn.
- You will also find the default subject line in the form, which is “reopen my closed account”.
- You can explain your issue in your text input box.
- The request will be sent to the help center once you click on the continue button.
You can utilize the process given above and reclaim the deleted or closed LinkedIn account.
However, if you still cannot log in or reactivate your account, it means that all the information has been permanently deleted. In such scenarios, you will have to contact the Help Center of LinkedIn through the “contact us” form. The message will be sent to the technical team of the admin and they will then help you.
If you are a LinkedIn admin on a LinkedIn Showcase page or on a LinkedIn page, you will receive a confirmation email whenever the page changes its status to “deactivated”. If you want to reactivate the page, simply click on the “reactivate” tab++, which will be given in the email.
It will ensure that the page is restored. You will find all the settings, content, and admins in the text as the page will get restored to its most recent or latest stage.
However, if you receive the error message, it means that some other admin has already reactivated your place. You can always contact LinkedIn through the “contact us” form.
What do I get back when I recover a deleted LinkedIn Account?
When you recover your LinkedIn account, you will get back all the LinkedIn connections you had before you deleted your LinkedIn account.
However, LinkedIn won’t be able to recover your:
- Group memberships
- Followings (Influencers, Companies, etc.)
- Ignored and pending LinkedIn connections
- LinkedIn Endorsements and recommendations
Can’t reactivate my deleted LinkedIn account?
If you have lost the closure email and cannot reactivate your deleted LinkedIn account, you can try the other method we have shown in this article. You can try logging in on the login page of the website directly, and then follow the reactivation procedure.
If there have been many days and months passed and you cannot log in and reactivate your LinkedIn account through the login page, you need to contact the Help Center of the website.
The “contact us” form can be found on the LinkedIn website and you can fill and submit it to get help directly from the administration of the website.
The above-given process and methodology can be used for deactivating and recovering a deleted LinkedIn account.
You should always ensure that your account is being deleted when you do not want to use it anytime in the future as it is a cause of unnecessary hassles to get it reopened again. In other cases, LinkedIn also offers you the option of temporarily disabling your account.