In this Facebook page tutorial will show you how to add an advertiser to a Facebook page step by step.
We are also going to cover how to remove a Facebook page advertiser if you no longer work with him and what are the most likely reasons that you are not able to add someone as a Facebook page advertiser.
Without further ado, let’s dive in.
How to add an advertiser to a Facebook page?
Here is how to add an advertiser to a Facebook page:
- Open up the Facebook page where you are the admin and want to assign someone this Facebook page advertiser role
- Once you opened the FB page, on the left side, you will see a column with many Facebook page features. Click on ‘Settings’.
- Here you will see some features on the left column again, now click on ‘Page Roles’
- Here you will see a box, where you can add the person to the Facebook page. You have to either add his or her name or the email address she uses for her Facebook profile.
- In the next field, you can see a dropdown menu. This is for assigning her a specific role. As we want to add a Facebook page advertiser, select the “Advertiser’ option
- Click on ‘Add’
- Once you have added this person, you might have to reconfirm your Facebook profile password, so Facebook can double-check if it is really you who want to assign a new Facebook page role.
This is the basic process of adding someone as a Facebook page advertiser. You can also check out this video tutorial on the process:
Facebook page advertiser capabilities
Before you would add someone as a Facebook page advertiser to your Facebook page, make sure you really want to add him or her as Facebook page advertiser. An advertiser has limited rights on the Facebook page, she can only do the following tasks:
- create Facebook ads, promotion or boosted posts
- View the Insights of the page, like the performance of specific posts and the overall organic and paid reach of the Facebook page
- Check out the page Quality tab
See who was the person who has published a Facebook post from the Facebook page.
If you want to get more details and see how the advertiser roles compares to other Facebook page roles then check out our tutorial on the Facebook page advertiser role.
Can’t add a Facebook page advertiser
If you are experiencing issues when you are trying to add a Facebook page advertiser to your Facebook page, here we have collected you the most frequent reasons that are stopping you from adding this person in a Facebook page advertiser role:
- You are not the admin of the Facebook page. Only the admins of that Facebook page can add other people and assign them roles on a Facebook page. In this case, you either have to request admin access to the Facebook page first, or you can ask the admin of the FB page to add this person as an advertiser. Just send her this post and that will help her out with the step by step instructions.
- The person is using a different email address for his Facebook profile. In this case, you have to ask the person to provide you with the email address he is using with his Facebook profile
- The person who you want to add as an advertiser doesn’t have a Facebook profile. Although this is quite rare but keep in mind that you can only add people to a Facebook page who are using an active FB account.
How to remove someone as a Facebook page advertiser from your Facebook page?
Once you no longer work with a Facebook ad agency or freelancer or even in-house advertiser, a best practice you should follow is to remove them from your Facebook page as well (not just from the ad account).
Although an advertiser doesn’t have very strong rights it is still better if they can’t do anything on your FB page once they are no longer part of your social media team.
So here is how you can get rid of a Facebook page advertiser:
- Open up the Facebook page where you are the admin and want to remove someone as a Facebook page advertiser
- On on the left side, you will see a column with many Facebook page features. Click on ‘Settings’.
- Here you will see some features on the left column again, now click on ‘Page roles’
- Here you will see all the people who have access to the FB page. Click on the one who you want to remove.
- As you can see you can either change his role to a lower level one (like Facebook page analyst), or you can also remove the person completely from the Facebook page.
As you can see the process is pretty much the same as adding someone to the FB page.
Summary – Adding and removing Facebook page advertiser
I hope this short tutorial post was easy to follow and you managed to add or remove the Facebook page advertiser from your Facebook page.
If you have questions we have not answered in the post, let us know in the commens below.