In this quick tutorial, we are going to show you how to link Instagram to a Facebook page.
In this Instagram marketing tutorial, we are also going to cover:
- why should you connect an Instagram account to a Facebook page?
- how to link Instagram to a Facebook business page if you are on Facebook and on your desktop computer.
- how to link an Instagram account to a Facebook page within Instagram on a mobile phone.
- Why you might not be able to link the Instagram account to a Facebook page
If you prefer a video tutorial on how to link an Instagram account to a Facebook page, check out this one:
How to link Instagram to a Facebook page on desktop?
Here is how to link Instagram to a Facebook business page:
- Open up the Facebook page that you want to connect to an Instagram business account
- Click on ‘Settings’ on the left sidebar menu
- Then on the left sidebar again, click on ‘Instagram’
- If you haven’t connected an Instagram business account yet to the Facebook page, you will see a screen something like this:
- Click on the blue ‘Connect account’ button.
- Sign in to Instagram account
If you have followed these steps, your Instagram account should be linked with the Facebook business page now.
Ho to link Instagram to a Facebook page from your iPhone/Android phone?
You can also link an Instagram account to a Facebook page in the Instagram iPhone and Android app:
- Go to the Instagram profile that you want to connect to a Facebook page.
- Tap on ‘Edit Profile’.
- Under ‘Public Business Information’, tap on ‘Page’.
- You will see the list of Facebook pages you have admin access.
- Select the one you want to connect to the Instagram account or create a new Facebook page if you want to do that.
- Tap Done after you’ve selected a Page or created a new Page.
Why should you connect Instagram to a Facebook business page?
If your business has at least one Facebook page and one Instagram business account, you should definitely connect the two together if you haven’t done so, as your life gets easier in the following ways:
- Post on both Instagram and Facebook pages at the same time. When your IG account and FB page are connected, you have the ability to share a Facebook post on Instagram or an Instagram post to Facebook. (and also share Instagram stories as Facebook stories)
- set up Instagram shopping. You need to have your Facebook page connected to your Instagram account to be able to set up Shops on Instagram
- Manager your Instagram and Messenger messages from one place. When you connect your Instagram to your Facebook page, you will be able to manage all your messages from one unified inbox.
- Use Facebook ads. In some regions, it is necessary to connect Facebook to Instagram if you want to run ads from your Instagram business account.
- easily run ads both from your Facebook page and your Instagram business account.
These are just some selected advantages you get when you link your Instagram account to a Facebook page, you can read about more advantages that you get when you link them together here.
Can’t link Instagram to my Facebook page, why?
If you can’t connect your Instagram to a Facebook page, here are some tips and possible reasons why you can’t link your Instagram to a Facebook page.
1. You are not the admin of the Facebook page
If you are not an admin of the Facebook page that you want to connect to your Instagram account, then Facebook won’t allow you to link the Facebook page and the Instagram business account. First, you have to add yourself as an admin or request admin access to the Facebook page to be able to connect the Instagram account to the Facebook business page.
2. Your Instagram accounts is not an Instagram business account
You will also get many benefits when you switch to an Instagram business account and you don’t lose anything with it, so don’t be afraid to do so.
3. The Instagram account is already connected to another Facebook page
If you try to link an Instagram account to a Facebook page that has already been connected to another Facebook page, Facebook won’t allow you that as you can only link an Instagram account to one Facebook page.
If that is the case, you will see a popup similar to this one:
If you are the admin of both Facebook business pages then you have the option here, to click on the ‘Next’ button and on the next window, click on ‘Switch connection’ and from now on the Instagram account will be connected to this page.
Keep in mind that of course, this means that the connection from the other Facebook page will be removed.
How to disconnect an Instagram account from a Facebook Business page?
If you want to disconnect an Instagram account from a Facebook page, actually you have to go through the same steps we have outlined above, you just have to disconnect the Instagram account instead of connecting it.
To get more details, check out our quick tutorial on how to unlink an Instagram account from a Facebook page here.
Frequently Asked Questions – Link an Instagram to a Facebook page
Can you connect an Instagram account to multiple Facebook pages?
No, currently, you can only connect an Instagram business account with one Facebook page.
I can’t connect an Instagram account to my Facebook page. Why?
There are three main reasons why you are not able to connect the two. First, the Instagram account has to be a business account. Secondly, you have to have admin roles in the Facebook page to be able connect it to an IG account. Thirdly, if there is another Facebook page that is already connected to the Instagram account then first, you have to disconnect that from it.