In this Facebook group tutorial, we are going to show you how you can do it and why it might be beneficial and what the drawbacks of this technique are.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to post as a page in a Facebook group, check out this one:
Post in a Facebook group – 2 ways
So if you are the admin of a Facebook group, there are two ways how you can post in the Facebook group:
- as any person can, you can post with your personal profile
- you can also post as a Facebook page in the group – if you previously connected the Facebook page to the group.
As the first way is pretty straightforward, we are going to talk about the second method.
How to post as a page in a Facebook group ?
So if you want to post in a Facebook group as a page, first you have to link the Facebook page and group together.
If you have already created the FB page and the group, the easiest way to connect them together is by following this process:
- Open up the Facebook group you want to connect to the Facebook page
- On the left column under Admin tools, click on ‘Settings’
- Scroll down on this Settings page, and under Manage Advanced Settings click on ‘Linked pages’
- You will see the list of Facebook pages you manage.
- Click on the ‘Link’ button where you want to connect the Facebook page.
By the way, you can also link them together starting from your Facebook page. We show this process in this tutorial:
Once your Facebook page and group is connected, here is how you can post as a Facebook page:
- All you have to do before you would post is to change your personal profile to the Facebook page you want to use.
- You can do this by clicking on the profile icons on the right side of your desktop screen.
- When you share a post now to the Facebook group, it will be under the name of your Facebook page.
You can also check out this video tutorial on how to post as a page in a Facebook group:
Why you should post as a Facebook page?
So there are two main benefits of posting in a group as a Facebook page.
First, obviously, this will get a bigger exposure to your Facebook page. So if you want to promote your Facebook page and the brand related to the page, you can post as a Facebook page in the group.
The second benefit is a more interesting one. If you post as a Facebook page, then you will be able to invite people who liked that specific post to like your Facebook page.
Actually, this is the only way currently to invite people from a FB group to like or follow your Facebook page as well.
Why you shouldn’t post as a Facebook page in a group?
Although there is no clear data on this, and Facebook won’t share this publicly, but there is a strong opinion that Facebook likes to limit the reach of Facebook pages whether they post to the public News Feed or to Facebook groups.
So if you want to decide now whether you want to post to your group as a page or with your personal profile, here is something that can help you decide:
- if your primary goal is to get as many people in a Facebook group to like your Facebook page, post as a Facebook page in the group
- if your preferred aim is to get the highest potential reach to your Facebook group posts, post them with your personal profile (also makes it more personal and relatable)