Do you want to get more Facebook page followers? The easiest way is to run a Facebook like campaign to your Facebook page.
In this Facebook page tutorial, we are going to show you how you can get more Facebook page followers and likes by running a Facebook like campaign and how to start a Facebook like campaign step by step.
But first, let’s discuss whether it is a good idea to run Facebook Like Ad campaigns in the first place.
Are Facebook Like Campaigns worth it?
First of all, Facebook like campaigns will definitely work, when you run a Facebook like ad, it will help you get some Facebook users to like or follow your Facebook page.
However, we would still argue that in most cases this is not the best option to increase the likes and the number of followers on your page.
First, there are other free or cheaper ways to increase your Facebook page like or follower count. We have shared some of these growth tactics and tips at the end of this guide.
The second main reason is that in the last 10 years, Facebook has gradually destroyed the organic reach of Facebook pages.
So even if you manage to get more Facebook page likes with these like ad campaigns, it won’t really help your Facebook marketing efforts, as people won’t really see your organic posts in more than 90% of the cases.
So if you want to really run Facebook ads, we think there are some better Facebook campaign objectives that can help your reach your business goals more easily.
All right, having said this, you might still want to run a Facebook follower campaign (as it is still an easy way to get your follower growth started), so let’s see how to do it:
How to run a Facebook Page Like Campaign?
Here is how to run a Facebook like ad campaign:
- Open your Facebook Ads Manager account
- In the campaign section, click on ‘Create’
- As the campaign objective, select ‘Engagement’.
- Now, you can select the engagement type as ‘Page likes’.
- Go through the campaign, ad set, and ad creation process.
Your Facebook like campaign should not be created and start running shortly.
Keep in mind that you can also start a Facebook ad campaign starting from your Facebook page, but we are not even going to show you that as that is a subpar way of creating Facebook ad campaigns.
Facebook like campaign best practices
Here are some basic tips to get the best results from your Facebook page like campaign:
- Exclude from the targeting people who already like or follow your Facebook page
- Exclude Messenger and Instagram placements from placement targeting
- Create at least three non-overlapping audiences in different ad sets
- Have at least 2-3 ad creatives per ad sets
Facebook Like Campaign Examples
Here are some great Facebook page like campaign examples you can check out: pinterest.com/jessabahr/facebook-page-like-ad-examples/
Whatever Facebook like ad example you like, always try to use:
- various media formats (video, image, carousel)
- experiment with different messages (tell why people should follow you (exclusive discounts, content, etc)
If you want to get more details about Facebook like campaigns, check out this tutorial:
Alternatives to Facebook Like Campaigns
If you want to get more likes on your Facebook page, keep in mind that you have better and cheaper options to reach that goal.
Here are some of them:
- invite people who like your Facebook posts or comments to like your Facebook page
- invite your Facebook friends to like the Facebook page
- engage with your Facebook page and get some free organic reach
- promote your Facebook page on other social media platforms
- promote your Facebook page on your website footer area
- promote the Facebook page in the signature of your email newsletter
If you want to get even more actionable growth tips to get more Facebook page followers, you can also get our Facebook page follower growth checklist here.
Convert Facebook page fans to Facebook group members
As we have explained in the article intro, we are not a huge fan of Facebook like campaign ads.
However, there is one reason we might still run a Facebook page campaign sometimes. The reason is that you can’t run ads to grow a Facebook group as you can’t directly link your Facebook group to any kind of Facebook ad campaign.
However, one workaround solution is to run a Facebook page like campaign and convince people to like your Facebook page. Then you can invite these people to join your Facebook group as well for absolutely free.
They will get a notification about this. As they have just liked a Facebook page, there is a high likelihood that they will also join your Facebook group.
If you want this Facebook group growth hack to work, you have to link your Facebook page to your Facebook group.
So if you want to grow your Facebook group as well, we would recommend definitely trying this alternative workaround strategy.