When you add someone to a Business Manager account, it is good to know what Business Manager roles you can assign them and what permissions and access they will have with that particular role.
In this short tutorial that’s why we are going to explain what Facebook Business Manager roles and permissions you can add to users you add to your Facebook Business Manager accounts.
Types of Facebook Business Manager roles
First, you can assign users with two main types of Business Roles:
- Employee access role
- Admin Access role.
Let’s explain the difference between them.
Employee role in Facebook Business Manager
When you want to add limited access to certain tools and assets in your Business Manager, you should assign them the Employee role.
Then in the next step, you are going to be able to specify what Business Assets the person should have permission to view, edit, etc.
Admin role in the Facebook Business Manager
When you add someone with an admin access, they will full access to all business assets with the highest permission and access level. So you don’t have to specify the business assets and the access level in the next step as they will get access to everything.
For this reason, be very cautious to whom you grant admin access in your Facebook Business Manager. Once they become the admin of the Business Manager, they can also remove your from the Business Manager.
Other roles in Business Manager
Besides these business roles, you can also assign people three other types of roles:
Finance analyst role
If you add someone as a finance analyst he or she will be able to view business financial details like transactions, invoices, account spend and payment methods.
Finance editor role
A finance editor is similar to a finance analyst but has higher-level permissions. Someone with a finance editor role in Business Manager can edit business credit card information and financial details like transactions, invoices, account spend and payment methods.
Last but not least, you can also assign a developer role if you want to help with you Facebook Conversion API setup. They can also can also monitor Pixel and Server events, edit applications, manage system users and create access tokens.
How to specify roles and permissions to Business Manager Users?
Once you made up your mind about what roles you want to assign to specific users it is really easy to grant them the role in Facebook Business Manager.
Here is how to add roles and permissions in Facebook Business Manager:
- Open the Facebook Business Manager account where you want to add someone a BM role.
- Click on the ‘Hamburger’ menu
- Select ‘Business Settings’.
- On the left column, click on ‘People’ under ‘Users’.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button
- First, add a working email address of the person who you would like to add to the Business Manager
- Then you can either select Employee access or Admin access business role.
- If you want to add the special roles we have mentioned above, click on ‘Show Advanced Options’ button,
- Once you chose the right Business Manager role, click on next, where you can exactly specify what Business Assets (page, Instagram account, etc) you want to have the person to have access to.
If you prefer a video tutorial on how to add someone to a Facebook Business Manager, check out this video tutorial: