Facebook Publishing tools is one of the Facebook page features that makes it easier for you to schedule Facebook posts, schedule Instagram posts backdate Facebook posts, analyze post insights, and many more.
In this Facebook marketing tutorial, we are going to show you the most important things you have to know if you want to use Facebook Publishing Tools.
Let’s dive in.
What is the Facebook Publishing Tool?
Facebook Publishing Tool (now also called Facebook Posts & Stories is a Facebook business page tool that lets you create, edit and manager your Facebook and Instagram posts from one central location within Facebook.
Facebook Publishing tool has been recently moved to Meta Business Suite, but you can still use its features there.
Facebook Publishing Tools Features
So what can you use Facebook Publishing Tools for? Here is a list of features that you might find useful:
- Facebook and Instagram Stories Archive: You can check all the Facebook stories you have shared on this Facebook page using Publishing Tools
- Published Posts: You can also see a full archive of all the Facebook posts you have shared on this Facebook page and engagement data related to it.
- You can also create Facebook posts and schedule them as we will show it at the end of this article.
- Scheduled Posts: You can also see the list of all the posts that you have scheduled for this Facebook page
- Create and post Instagram stories
- Post Facebook stories
- Schedule Instagram stories
- Schedule Facebook Stories
- Drafts: List of Facebook posts that haven’t published or scheduled yet.
- Expiring posts: You can also set an expiry date, so certain Facebook posts won’t show up in the News Feed after a specified date. You can check those posts here.
- Create A/B tests of Facebook posts.
Where is Facebook Publishing Tools?
There are multiple ways how you can access the Facebook Publishing Tool. The methods that work for you will depend on the type of Facebook page, you use.
1. Access Facebook Publishing Tools from your Facebook page left column
If you are still using the classic Facebook page, then you can open the Facebook Publishing tools from the Facebook page
Just open up your Facebook page, and then click on ‘Publishing Tools’ on the left column.
2. From the Facebook (meta Business Suite)
If you have been switched to the new Facebook page experience, you won’t be able to click through from your Facebook page. You have to log in to the Meta (Facebook) Business Suite and click on ‘Posts and Stories’
Or you can also open this link: https://business.facebook.com/latest/posts/
This is the new Facebook Publishing tools interface, although it seems like the name has been deprecated. The features are pretty much the same however.
3. From the browser address bar directly (doesn’t work anymore)
Facebook keeps changing the user interface of the new Facebook page, so if you don’t find the Facebook Publishing Tools with any of the above methods, you can also access the Facebook publishing tool by directly typing or bookmarking the following URL address:
Instead of YOURUSERNAME add the username of your Facebook page.
Facebook Publishing Tools on mobile
Currently, Facebook doesn’t provide the opportunity to use Facebook Publishing tools on your mobile. However, there is a great workaround for it that you can check out in this video:
How to use Facebook Publishing Tool?
We are going to show a very basic way to schedule a Facebook post to Facebook and Instagram so you can get a grasp of how this Facebook Publishing Tool works.
If you are interested in more complex workflows, let us know and we will cover it in this tutorial.
So once you opened the Publishing Tool with any of the methods we have shown above, here is how you can create a new post:
- Click on ‘Create post’ button
- If you have linked Instagram to Facebook, you can also select that so the post will be published there as well.
- Create your post, add your description and media then instead of clicking on the ‘Publish’ button if you want to schedule the FB post, click on the down arrow instead and click on ‘Schedule post’
- A pop-up will appear where you can specify the exact time when you want your Facebook post to be published. Schedule your Facebook post by clicking on the ‘Schedule’ button.