In this short tutorial, we are going to show you how to share a post as a Facebook page and also explain why it is actually a great practice you should try to do.
Why you should share Facebook posts of other FB pages?
Before we would show you the step by step of sharing Facebook posts as a Facebook page, here are some reasons why you should start sharing posts to your Facebook page.
1. You can capitalize on the success of other Facebook posts
If a Facebook post proves to be successful, you can have a good chance that it will get good organic engagement for your page if you share the post with your Facebook page audience as well.
2. You can mix up the content of your Facebook page
If you are always sharing promotional stuff that doesn’t really create engagement, Facebook will stop giving you significant organic reach and even your followers might get fed up with the promotional stuff and stop following your Facebook page.
By sprinkling some engaging and fun posts into your Facebook content calendar you can make your Facebook page more attractive and as these engaging posts should also get higher engagement, Facebook might also increase the reach of your promotional posts as well.
3. You can save a lot of time
Creating engaging, interesting Facebook posts can take huge time. Coming up with creative ideas and then implementing them, designing a creative, and then adding an engaging FB post description all takes time and energy.
If you share posts of other Facebook pages, you can pretty much skip 90% of the work and still get most of the benefits.
How to share a post on your Facebook page?
So now you must be convinced that it is worth sharing posts of other Facebook pages to engage your audience without a whole lot of effort. Now let’s see how you can do this:
- Open up your Facebook News Feed and go to a Facebook post that you would like to share
- Or you can also search for a specific Facebook page and search for the post that you want to share there.
- On the bottom right, you can see the ‘Share’ button, click on it.
- Now you get a dropdown with multiple share options. To share a post to your Facebook page, click on ‘Share to a Page’
- Once you clicked on it, you have to select which Facebook page you want to share the FB post on.
- Finally, you can also tick the option if you want to include the original Facebook post to your shared post. In this case, the Facebook post will also show the Facebook page and the original description.
- Add your own description and commentary to the post, and then click on the blue ‘Share’ button.
That’s it, now you have successfully shared the Facebook post of another Facebook page.
Can’t share a post on my Facebook page
If you can’t share a Facebook post on your Facebook page, here are some things you have to keep in mind.
As we said, you can only share a Facebook post of another public Facebook page to your Facebook page. You can’t do that with Facebook posts of personal FB accounts.
You also won’t be able to share Facebook posts of a Facebook page if they have disabled the option to share their FB posts.
Last but not least, you have to have either a Facebook page admin or an editor access role to the Facebook page to be able to share posts to the Facebook page.
Other things you can do with a Facebook page
If you want to get free organic reach, here are some other useful articles related to sharing Facebook posts to your Facebook page