A great way to scale up your social media marketing is to share Facebook posts to Instagram automatically.
In this Instagram marketing tutorial, we are going to show you how you to share Facebook posts to Instagram in the Meta Business Suite without using any paid third-party social media scheduler.
You can also check out this video tutorial on how to share Facebook a post to Instagram:
How to share Facebook post to Instagram?
You used to be able to share Facebook posts automatically to Instagram when you published a post from your Facebook page, but this is not possible anymore. However, you can still share Facebook posts to Instagram from the Facebook Publishing Tools, that is now available in the Meta Business Suite (previously knowns as Facebook Business Manager):
Here is how to share a Facebook post to Instagram:
- Open up the Facebook page you want to post to
- Click on ‘Publishing Tools’ on the left column under the Meta Business Suite section
- If you don’t find this on your page, then open business.facebook.com and select your business suite account.
- In the Facebook Business Suite, select ‘Posts & Stories’ from the left sidebar.
- Click on ‘Create Post’ in the top right corner.
- First, select both the Facebook page and the Instagram account.
- (If you don’t see the Instagram account here, read the next section)
- Add the description of the post and also add images or a video. (You have to upload one of them, as Instagram requires an image at least)
- You can preview the post on both Facebook and Instagram.
- Finally, click on the ‘Publish’ button, or you can schedule the Instagram post and schedule the Facebook post as well.
So here is how you can share Facebook posts to Instagram automatically.
If you want to learn more about Facebook Publishing Tool, check out this tutorial as well:
Requirements to share Facebook posts to Instagram
Before you would be able to share the Facebook posts to Instagram as well, here are some things you must do.
- First, make sure you have switched to an Instagram business account.
- If you have, then you have to link the Instagram account to the Facebook page.
- Once the two are connected, you have to create a Facebook Business account or Meta Business Suite account (these two are the same, the Meta or Facebook Business Suite is the new name of the legacy Facebook Business Manager)
- Then you have to add the Instagram account to the Facebook Business Manager (or Meta Business Suite)
- Add finally also add the Facebook page to the Facebook Business Suite.
If you have all of these, now you can start sharing Facebook posts to Instagram as well.
Can’t share Facebook post to Instagram
If you can’t share a Facebook post on Instagram, here are the most common issues you should fix.
First, you have to have an Instagram business account to be able to add it to the Facebook Business Suite and share Facebook post on it easily. You can’t automatically share Facebook posts on a personal Instagram account.
Next, you also have to connect the Instagram account with the Facebook page. If the Facebook
You used to be able to use the Facebook Publishing Tools without having a Facebook Business Manager or Suite account, but it is not possible as it has been integrated into the Business Suite. So, you have to create a Facebook Business Suite account, if you want to share Facebook posts to Instagram.
Last but not least, you can’t share Facebook posts to Instagram if the accounts are not added to the Facebook Business Suite. In the previous section, we have linked out to some tutorials that will help you with that.
Other ways to share Facebook posts to Instagram
You can also change this around and share your Instagram posts to Facebook. We have a separate tutorial on this that you can check out here:
If you have multiple Instagram and Facebook pages then this manual process can be a little bit time-consuming. If you are using Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, etc. then you have to find another solution.
One of your options is to use social media schedulers. You can connect these to basically all of your social media accounts and post simultaneously but you might still have to customize the post format.
The second option is to use an automation service like Zapier or Integromat. These tools can automate basically everything that has an API. Integromat is the way cheaper option that we would recommend you try.
Related tutorials – Sharing Facebook posts on Instagram
Here are some related tutorials that you might find useful:
- Facebook Publishing Tools
- How to share Instagram posts to Facebook?
- How to post Facebook Stories from desktop?
- How to create and share Instagram Stories from desktop?
- How to schedule Facebook Stories?
- How to schedule Instagram Stories?
Frequently Asked Questions – Crossposting on Facebook to Instagram
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions related to posting to Facebook and Instagram at the same time:
How do I automatically post from Facebook to Instagram?
You can automatically post from Facebook to Instagram from the Facebook Publishing Tool that now can be found in the Facebook Business Manager/Suite now called Meta Business Suite. Make sure to check out the complete process in the article above.
Why can’t I post from Facebook to Instagram?
There can be multiple reasons why you can’t post from Facebook to Instagram. There are at least five requirements you have to meet, so make sure to check these out in the article above.
How to share Facebook post to Instagram on iPhones or Android?
If you want to share a Facebook post to Instagram at the same time on a mobile phone (both Android phones and iPhones), you have to download the Meta Business Suite app and go through this process we have shown in this article there.