If you have turned on Facebook post approval on a Facebook page, you can approve Facebook posts made by Facebook page visitors.
In this Facebook page tutorial, we are going to show you how to approve posts on Facebook page that have been posted to your Facebook page by regular visitors.
Without further ado, let’s dive in.
How to approve posts on a Facebook page?
Here is how to approve posts on Facebook page:
- Open the Facebook page
- Click on ‘Settings’ in the left column
- Scroll down on the left, and click on ‘Activity log’.
- Go to ‘Posts by others’
- Click on the and select ‘Allowed on Page’
Now, the Facebook post will appear on your Facebook page as well.
Reject a Facebook page post
You can also reject a Facebook page post by going through the same process or just simply ignore the post and it never gets published on the page.
Can’t approve posts on Facebook page
If you find that people can post on your Facebook page without you first approving them, then it means that you haven’t enabled Facebook post approval on your page.
You can turn on Facebook post approval:
- Open the Facebook page
- Click on the ‘Settings’ tab.
- On the ‘General’ tab, search for ‘Visitor posts’
- Click on ‘Edit’.
- Select ‘Review posts by other people before they are published to the Page’.
- Click on ‘Save changes’.
You can learn more about who can post on your Facebook page in this tutorial:
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to approve Facebook page posts using a mobile phone, check out this one:
Other techniques to moderate a Facebook page
Besides manually approving Facebook posts, you can also moderate a Facebook page in the following ways:
- ban people from a Facebook page. If someone is really annoying, you can simply block him from the page and he won’t be able to post ever again. (Unless you unban him.)
- You can add blocking words and turn on the profanity filter.
- If some visitors are nasty in the comments, you can also hide or delete comments in the comment section
- Last but not least you can also turn off reviews from your Facebook page.
Approve posts on your personal Facebook page
This tutorial only showed how to approve Facebook page posts or remove posts posted on a Facebook business page. If you want to approve Facebook posts on your personal Facebook page then check out this tutorial:
Frequently Asked Questions – Approving posts on Facebook page
Here are the most frequently asked questions related to how to approve Facebook page posts:
How to turn on post approval on Facebook page?
You can turn on Facebook page post approval by opening the Facebook page, clicking on the ‘Settings’ tab. On the ‘General’ tab, search for ‘Visitor posts’, then click on ‘Edit’, then Select ‘Review posts by other people before they are published to the Page.
How to approve posts on Facebook page on a mobile device?
Whether you use an iPhone or an Android phone, you can approve posts on a Facebook page, by following the instructions above. The user interface is a little bit different on mobile, but the process is pretty much the same.
How to see visitor posts on Facebook business page?
You can see visitor posts on your Facebook business page, by opening the Facebook page, then click on ‘Settings’, ‘Activity Log’, then ‘Posts by Others’. If you want, you can also approve these visitors’ posts so they show up for the average Facebook users as well not just for the Facebook page admins.